21 Aug 2012

Stalking Redlight at Cable


For those of you that know me, you will probably be aware of the fact that I am something of a Redlight enthusiast. Fanatic? Maybe. Stalker? Who can say. What I do know is that he absolutely smashed Detonate Indoor Festival in Nottingham in May and so it was that my love for him was born. When I found out he was playing Cable in August for ‘Loud Noise’s’ 1st birthday there was no way I wasn’t going to go, especially as Cable is a banging venue, so I gathered the troops and bought myself a ticket before anyone could object. We arrived to Addison Groove blasting This Is It and immediately got our skank on to his acid basslines. After a couple more bevs, me getting vommed on, and some serious sweating, it was time for Sir Redlight to do his thing. Safe to say we both lived up to the expectations of him smashing it and me going absolutely nuts, a particular highlight being the madness post-Lost In Your Love drop. What I love most about Bristolian Hugh Pescod (yes, I know his name), is that he moved away from being labelled and confined by a genre by leaving drum’n’bass productions behind so that he could create his own fusion of bass driven housey beats . Obviously I was devastated when his set finished and could only be consoled by chasing him down for a photo which is actually still my phone background. The atmos somewhat declined after he popped off which was reflected in the emptying out of room 1 for Dark Sky - a bit too dubby for our high spirits. A nice surprise was how New York Transit Authority packed it out again and absolutely brought the roof down for the last couple of hours, an even nicer surprise was Redlights reply to my tweet as we left the building which I proceeded to brag about for days after. Yeeaa he definitely fancies me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment